Cypress, Calif., June 17, 2015 — Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. introduces the LM55P2, an ultra-narrow bezel LED-lit monitor designed for video wall applications in digital signage or command and control rooms. It is specifically designed for applications showing dynamic images such as live video feeds from security or traffic management surveillance. The Mitsubishi LM55P2 monitor will be shown in a 2×2 configuration in Booth #3701 at InfoComm in Orlando, June 17-19. InfoComm is the largest event for professional AV in the world, with over 980 exhibitors and more than 38,000 attendees from 110+ countries.
The Mitsubishi LM55P2 monitor is built with LCD panels that are fortified for heavy use in commercial applications. Users can build individual or tiled video wall configurations and create large displays for surveillance monitoring or digital signage. These monitors can be mounted either vertically or horizontally and are ideal for various indoor video wall display applications that need to really stand out. Virtually seamless when placed in an array, the gap between the monitors can be as thin as 3.5 millimeters – slightly more than one-tenth of an inch measured from bezel to bezel. They can also be tiled for applications where a single panel monitor is simply not big enough, and a projected screen is not an option.
“This new ultra-narrow bezel monitor adds depth to our video wall solutions,” said James Chan, director, marketing & business planning at the Visual and Imaging Systems Division of Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. “Across the spectrum of applications, systems integrators have a number of ways to create vivid, eye-popping visuals. We want them to remember Mitsubishi Electric as an exceptional manufacturer offering a wide-ranging line of video wall offerings that are both reliable and cost effective.”
The Mitsubishi LM55P2 measures 55 inches diagonally, and is built using a VA-type LCD that offers higher contrast and faster response time than the conventional IPS-type LCD. The LM55P2 is direct LED backlit and features up to 700 cd/m2 in “Bright” mode, and 500 cd/m2 in “Standard” mode of brightness. Contrast ratio measures up to 3500:1 for more vivid colors.
Key features include:
- Built-in HDCP-compliant DisplayPort 1.2a daisy chaining to coordinate up to four displays at once—no additional equipment is required, even with 4K contents.
- With a built-in brightness sensor, Mitsubishi Electric’s dynamic brightness balancing circuitry maintains the brightness uniformity of the entire display wall by communicating the measured brightness data during its operation.
- Proprietary color space control ensures rich, vivid and accurate color reproduction.
- An Intel OPS (Open Pluggable Specification) card slot offers flexibility in expansion and scalability, and no additional cables are required. It further enables an IP-based control system for easy expansion and management of multiple input displays.
- Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. offers a three-year limited warranty on parts and labor for the LM55P2. Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. also offers the Express Replacement Assistance (ERA) Program, service across the U.S. that offers expedited replacement when and where available for certain units that are under warranty. Additional terms and conditions apply. Please visit our web site www.me-vis.com for complete warranty and ERA information.
Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. expects to be shipping the LM55P2 monitor in late October 2015. Product demonstrations and pre-orders can be arranged as early as July 2015. Entry-level model, LM55S1, as well as LM55P1 and LM46P1 super-narrow bezel models will continue to be available in parallel with the new LM55P2, offering value-based entry models for projects with more restricted budgets.