IRVINE, Calif., June 11, 2013 — Mitsubishi Electric Visual Solutions America, Inc. is now offering a line-up of display wall controllers and software to complement its display wall cubes. This total command and control solution makes installation simple and straightforward, and is ideal for network operation centers, process control rooms, electric co-ops and other data-centric display wall applications. These products will be on display at InfoComm13 in Booth #3701, being held in Orlando from June 12-14 2013. InfoComm is the audio/visual display industry’s biggest trade show.
“We’re responding to market demand; our customers have been asking us for a combined hardware-and-software, Mitsubishi-centric solution, and we’re glad to bring to market this lineup of display wall controllers that have been custom configured to run our D-WALL software,” said Gary Werner, Director of Sales for the display wall group, Mitsubishi Electric Visual Solutions America, Inc.
The VC-TPXX series of display wall controllers are industrial grade, Windows®-based workstations custom configured for optimal performance when running Mitsubishi Electric’s D-Wall software. The high performance controllers use Intel® processors, Matrox Mura™ graphics cards and are equipped with enough system memory and hard disk drive capacity to meet the demands of almost any installation. The rack/shelf mount controllers come in three sizes and can accommodate driving from four to 56 cubes. Built for continuous 24/7/365 operation, these Mitsubishi Electric-configured workstations are flexible and scalable enough to meet customers’ current and future needs.
The controllers are made with off-the-shelf industrial-grade components from Trenton Systems, Inc. and Matrox, thereby avoiding the need for costly customization. The type and quantity of Matrox Mura™ Graphic Cards can be configured based on the specific requirements of the installation which allows for a great deal of flexibility and cost control.
When loaded onto the new controllers, Mitsubishi Electric’s proprietary D-Wall Software adds intuitive and comprehensive display wall management which includes both windowing as well as source management, no matter where those sources are located on an enterprise network. With administrator, security, operator and scheduling features, D-Wall software provides a host of benefits. Users can:
- Define areas of the display wall that each operator controls and where they can collaborate for streamlined administration.
- Monitor and troubleshoot the Mitsubishi Electric displays in real time for easy content observation.
- Drag, drop and size windows on the display wall saving valuable time.
- Preview layouts on a base computer before sending it to the wall, for efficient set-up and operation.
- Choose the language interface for each base computer for a more understandable workspace.
- Adapt the display wall to needs and preferences of each work shift for quick, economical shift turnover.
- Change the layout by day of the week, date and time automatically for ease of operation.
The controllers are currently available and come with Mitsubishi Electric’s three-year limited warranty on parts and labor (terms and conditions apply). D-Wall software is also shipping.